10:00 am - 5:00 pm
on Weekdays &
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Bus Tour Dig Program
Now booking for 2013! 10% off any Fossil Dig Adventure Tour booked before March 31st! Book your tour TODAY!
The Fossil Dig Adventure Tours have a 100% success rate of finding fossils since 2008!
The CFDC likes to encourage and support other organizations and groups interested in learning about our museum and paleontology. We have developed a program that will allow large groups to participate in a Dig Tour.
Travel packages are also available that include visitation to other local attractions. The packages are similar to those found on the Vacation Package page. Please call for specific information and pricing
Groups begin with an educational tour of the Centre with a qualified guide, learning about Manitoba's prehistory. Then join the CFDC staff at a dig site, a 20 minute drive from the CFDC along the scenic Manitoba Escarpment, in searching for and excavating 80 million year old fossils.
Bus Transportation must be provided by the organization to the CFDC and the dig site. Individual vehicles are not allowed on dig site. Please note that travel time from Winnipeg (perimeter and Highway 3) is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- May - September, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Note: It is important for groups to be on time to prevent scheduling conflicts - see itinerary below. The CFDC will make allowances for groups traveling from further away.
- 10+ people: $35.00 each
- Lunch can be provided by catering services at the Morden Community Centre
Contact Lisa Kruger (204) 822-6619 or Morden Friendship Centre at (204) 822-3555.
- One week advance registration required, bookings begin in January.
- Not for profit organizations have the opportunity to take advantage of this exciting learning experience at a reduced rate. Please call (204) 822-3406 for more information and registration.
Canadian Fossil Discovery Centre
111-B Gilmour Street
Morden MB R6W 1N9
Phone: (204) 822-3406
Fax: (204) 272-3303